Date(s) - 01/13/2018
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thank you to David Collins for capturing this year’s event!
To view photos, please click here!
Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K
A NEW DIVISION
Handcycling in the Marathon Race!!
The 22nd Annual Museum of Aviation Foundation Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K Run/Walk will be held at the Museum of Aviation on Saturday, January 13, 2018. This is a great way to kick start your 2018 year with an early morning brisk race! The races are hosted by the Museum of Aviation Foundation and are run on Robins Air Force Base next to the Museum of Aviation. Registration is in the Century of Flight hangar.
This year we are excited to announce a new racing division! There will be a Handcycling division in the Marathon.
RACE START TIMES
- 7:50 AM HANDCYCLES
- 8:00 AM MARATHON
- 8:15 AM HALF MARATHON
- 8:30 AM 5K
AWARD CEREMONY TIMES
- 9:30 AM 5K
- 10:15 AM HANDCYCLES
- 10:45 AM HALF MARATHON
- 1:00 AM MARATHON
SOME FUN FACTS AND INFORMATION
- The Marathon and Half Marathon courses are certified and a Boston Marathon qualifier.
- Disposable chip timing for all races.
- Picture IDs required at registration. The race is run on Robins Air Force Base. All IDs will be held until completion of your race with the exception of DoD IDs.
- Packet Pick-up: Active duty, retired and civilian DoD – Friday, January 12th 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. All others will pick up their packets on the day of registration.
- Tech-T Shirts to all per-registrants postmarked by December 13th and guaranteed on race day.
- Trophies are awarded to the overall top three male and female finishers in each race; the overall top three male and female masters in each race; the top active duty military male and female in the marathon; and a trophy for the Relay Team winner.
- Medals will be given to all race finishers including the 5K!
Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K Maps
Museum of Aviation Campus Map
Proceeds from the annual event benefit the Museum of Aviation, one of the largest education-focused aviation museums in the country. The Museum of Aviation Foundation relies on the generosity and support of corporate and individuals to donate and/or volunteer. Your support–large or small–prepares the next generation by helping the Museum educate and inspire our visitors, recruit the future workforce and honor those who have contributed to Air Force history.
Please note: “By providing information required for sign up, you acknowledge and agree to the use of your information for a Criminal Background Check to verify your identity, in accordance with United States Air Force Instruction 31-118, Installation Access and Control, and Robins Air Force Base Instruction 31-101, Installation Defense Plan.”
This year we will host a Family Fun Day! Lots of children’s events will be in full swing on the day of the race.
ARMBANDS SOLD ON DAY OF EVENT
TOP GUN DONORS