If you are looking for unique special event venues in the Middle GA area, consider the Museum of Aviation. With past and present historic aircraft as a backdrop, your next occasion will soar to new heights! The Museum of Aviation is proud to offer several meeting spaces for private gatherings, business meetings, wedding receptions, banquets, and more. We can accommodate groups as large as 500 or as small as 10. Please contact the museum for availability and rates.
- 240 capacity
- Stadium-style seating
- Large screen with audio visual (AV) capabilities
- Located in the Eagle Building
- No food or beverage allowed inside of auditorium. (For events requiring reception, food and beverage will be placed in Rotunda under the F-15 wing.)
- 80 person capacity
- May hold up to ten 60″ round tables
- Audio visual capabilities (AV)
- Located on the 2nd floor of the Eagle Building (elevator and stair access)
EAGLE CONFERENCE ROOM
- 50-60 person capacity
- Classroom style or U-shape seating available
- Audio visual capabilities (AV)
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Eagle Building (elevator and stair access)
- 150 person capacity
- Holds 19 60″ round tables
- Audio visual capabilities with a large drop down screen
CENTURY OF FLIGHT
- 500 person capacity
- Must have at least 200 guests to book this venue
- Holds up to 63 60″ rounds
- Has 2 large screens for AV capabilities
- Sound and lighting equipment
- Stage with two podiums and stage lighting
- Handicap friendly; offering ramp and elevator access (Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame located on the 2nd floor)
- Parking lot behind Hangar One for closer access
FREEDOM PARK PAVILIONS
- 5 pavilions each seating 40 people
- Up to 4 pavilions may be reserved for an event (1 pavilion is always left to public and is available upon first come first serve basis)
- Special requests must be approved by Museum of Aviation
Museum Event Policies
Catering of events is only permitted with Foundation approved caterers (see the Foundation Approved Catering List.) The Foundation reserves the right to remove food and beverage brought into the Museum in violation of this policy. All food and beverage trash should be collected and removed by the caterer immediately at the close of the event. If the caterer fails to remove the trash or is not on site serving your event, the responsibility falls to the Host. In the case of excessive trash inside the Museum or in Museum outdoor areas, a $50.00 clean-up service fee will be charged to the Host. No items may be stored overnight. All decorations and other items not immediately removed by the Host will be regarded as trash and disposed of by the Foundation. When using bare tables, table tops must be wiped down and returned clean. The Museum is not responsible for lost items.
Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages are permitted inside the Museum or on Museum grounds or the Museum parking lot areas during daily Museum operating hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Alcoholic beverages may be served at after-hour events (5:01 p.m. and later) and must be purchased through the Horizons Event Center (HEC) office. Pam Swartzlander, the HEC catering manager, can be reached at (478) 926-5665 or email@example.com. If outside alcohol is brought in, the offending person(s) will be required to leave.
Any person under the age of 21 shall not be served alcohol under any circumstances. Alcohol-only events are not permitted in the Museum. Events using donated alcohol are prohibited in the Museum.
The use of tobacco products, to include electronic cigarettes, is NOT allowed inside the Museum or on Museum grounds, including Freedom Park, and within 100 feet of any building. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated smoking areas, and cigarettes are to be disposed of in the proper receptacles.
The Host shall not use items, or decorations/signage that contains glitter, confetti, sparkling sand, streamers, bubbles, and fog machines in the Museum.
The use of candles must be pre-approved by the Foundation and the Museum. Only votive candles, tapers in a hurricane lamp, or floating candles may be approved. No open-flame candles are permitted.
The use of tape, wire, staples, tacks, glue, nails, or any similar item is prohibited. In no circumstances may any item(s) be attached to ANY Museum wall, display, or any other surface. Event-related banners may only be hung with prior approval from the Museum Services office. Easels are available through Foundation Event Support Services at a prescribed cost.
The Foundation does not provide decorations or decorative services (backdrops, etc.). The Host agrees that any required special furniture or equipment is the Hosts’ responsibility and must be pre-approved by the Foundation. Outside decorating companies may only be used with prior approval from the Foundation and the Museum. All arrangements must be pre-approved.
No set-up/tear-down will be allowed during daily Museum operating hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) without prior approval from the Foundation Services office.
The Foundation can provide white table linens on a first come-first served basis at a prescribed cost. The Host is allowed to bring in table linens from outside sources.
Neither the Foundation nor the Museum will accept any freight or other items delivered on behalf of the Host without prior approval by the Museum. Items may not be delivered prior to the contracted move-in time on the event date without prior approval. The Host or a Host representative must be present to accept delivery. All deliveries must be approved by the Museum.
To schedule your next event, please contact the Event Services Manager at (478) 222-7553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.