If you are looking for unique special event venues in the Middle GA area, consider the Museum of Aviation. With past and present historic aircraft as a backdrop, your next occasion will soar to new heights! The Museum of Aviation is proud to offer several meeting spaces for private gatherings, business meetings, wedding receptions, banquets, and more. We can accommodate groups as large as 500 or as small as 10. Please contact the museum for availability and rates.
- 240 capacity
- Stadium-style seating
- Large screen with audio visual (AV) capabilities
- Located in the Eagle Building
- No food or beverage allowed inside of auditorium. (For events requiring reception, food and beverage will be placed in Rotunda under the F-15 wing.)
- 80 person capacity
- May hold up to ten 60″ round tables
- Audio visual capabilities (AV)
- Located on the 2nd floor of the Eagle Building (elevator and stair access)
EAGLE CONFERENCE ROOM
- 50-60 person capacity
- Classroom style or U-shape seating available
- Audio visual capabilities (AV)
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Eagle Building (elevator and stair access)
- 150 person capacity
- Holds 19 60″ round tables
- Audio visual capabilities with a large drop down screen
CENTURY OF FLIGHT
- 500 person capacity
- Must have at least 200 guests to book this venue
- Holds up to 63 60″ rounds
- Has 2 large screens for AV capabilities
- Sound and lighting equipment
- Stage with two podiums and stage lighting
- Handicap friendly; offering ramp and elevator access (Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame located on the 2nd floor)
- Parking lot behind Hangar One for closer access
FREEDOM PARK PAVILIONS
- 5 pavilions each seating 40 people
- Up to 4 pavilions may be reserved for an event (1 pavilion is always left to public and is available upon first come first serve basis)
- Special requests must be approved by Museum of Aviation
Museum Event Policies
Catering at the museum can be accomplished by contacting any of our preferred caterers on our approved list (see link below). No items may be stored overnight. All left-over decorations and other items will be regarded as trash. In the case of excessive trash inside and/or outdoors, a clean-up fee will be added to the final bill. All food and beverage trash should be collected and removed by the caterer immediately at the close of the event.
Jet Fuel Java & Aviation Gifts is our new exclusive caterer for your coffee, juice, soda, donut, and cookie requests. The Museum of Aviation Foundation reserves the right to remove food and beverage brought into the Museum in violation of this policy. We are delighted to offer complimentary water service for events that place an order through Jet Fuel Java. To place an order, please call our main office at (478) 923-6600.
Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages are permitted inside the Museum or on any part of Museum grounds or parking lot areas during daily operating hours (0800-1700). Any person under the age of 21 may not be served alcohol under any circumstances. Alcohol-only events will not be permitted in the Museum. Events using donated alcohol are prohibited in the Museum.
For after-hours events, alcoholic beverages can only be served by contracting with the Horizons Event Center office. Please contact the HEC catering manager at (478) 926-5665 to secure a bar.
The use of tobacco products is not allowed in any part of the Museum, including Freedom Park, and within 100 feet of any building. Outside smoking is allowed only at the designated smoking areas, and cigarettes are to be disposed of in the proper receptacles.
Items such as glitter, confetti, sparkling sand, streamers, bubbles, and fog machines are prohibited in the Museum. Please be careful when purchasing items with glitter. The use of candles (only votive candles or tapers in a hurricane lamp and floating candles may be approved) requires pre-approval. No open-flame candles will be approved. The use of tape, wire, staples, tacks, glue, nails, and similar items is prohibited. Absolutely no items may be attached to ANY Museum surfaces. Event-related banners may be hung only with prior approval from the Museum Services office. Posters and signs are to be mounted on easels or other individual displays. They may not be affixed in any way to Museum surfaces. It is the customer’s responsibility to bring easels.
The Museum provides no decorator services (backdrops, etc.). Special furniture or equipment is the customers’ responsibility. Outside decorating companies may be used with prior coordination with the Events Services Manager; all arrangements must be approved.No set-up/tear-down will be allowed during normal Museum hours without prior consent of Museum Services.
For linen rentals, please check with your caterer. You may also contact Macon Ga Tent Rentals or Middle GA Tent Rentals. You are welcome to use another source, if preferred.
The Museum will not accept any freight or other delivered items on behalf of the customer without prior approval. Items may not be delivered prior to the contracted move-in time on the event date without prior approval. Customer’s representative must be present to accept delivery.
To schedule your next event, please contact the Event Services Manager at (478) 222-7553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.