Educator and Student Workshops
REGISTER NOW! LIMITED SPACE IS AVAILABLE.
Programs and Field Trips
Museum of Aviation Education Programs and Field Trips:
- National STEM Academy
- STARBASE Robins
- Gordon and Museum of Aviation Georgia Youth Science and Technology Center (GYSTC)
- For special needs programs, please contact us for alternative options.
National STEM Academy
Programs & Field Trips
- Wonder Wings & ACE Field Trips and Outreach Programs
- TinkerTech Field Trips and Outreach Programs
- Mission Quest Flight Simulation Center Field Trips
- ACE, TinkerTech, & Mission Quest Homeschool Programs
- NASA Regional Educator Resource Center Resources, Workshops, & more
- History Field Trips & Guided Tours
- History Outreach Programs and Field Trips
- Scout Programs and Field Trips
- Birthday Parties
- STEM & History Special Events
- For special needs groups, please contact us for alternative options.
Read more about programs & field trips below.
Pre K – 5th Grade Field Trips, Homeschool, and History Programs
ACE (Ask. Challenge. Educate.), History Programs, TinkerTech, & Homeschool STEM Workshop Series
The Wonder Wings program for Pre K aims to encourage STEM learning at an early age with fun hands-on activities. The Wonder Wings program is specifically designed to correlate with the Bright from the Start Curriculum and the Georgia Kindergarten Standards of Excellence.
The ACE STEM Field Trip Program is designed to spark K – 5th grade students’ interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) through engaging, hands-on activities specifically correlated to the GA Standards of Excellence.
History and Guided Tour Programs and Field Trips are offered for learners ages 5-Adult. Features on-site programs at the Museum of Aviation and Outreach programs at your school site. 2 WWII programs are offered as well that specifically correlate to the 5th-grade curriculum for the Georgia Standards of Excellence.
The National STEM Academy TinkerTech program at the Museum of Aviation focuses on exploration, innovation, and discovery through hands-on STEM activities for students in grades 4 through 8. The program takes place at the Museum of Aviation in the new TnT Lab or “On the Go” outreach at the school.
6th – 12th Grade Field Trips, Homeschool, and History Programs
Mission Quest Flight Simulation Center, Guided History Tours, TinkerTech, & Homeschool STEM Workshop series
During the 3-hour Mission Quest Flight Simulation program, students learn aerospace, map reading, and teamwork initiatives while flying the F-15E, B-1 or C-17 flight simulators.
Students learn about the jobs of the Radar Arrival and Departure Air Traffic Controllers and Flight Data Specialists while controlling simulated aircraft during the Air Traffic Control program.
The TinkerTech program focuses on exploration, innovation, and discovery through hands-on STEM activities for students in grades 4 through 8. The program takes place at the Museum of Aviation in the new TnT Lab or “On the Go” outreach at the school.
The Homeschool Workshop Series features hands-on STEM activities for learners in grades 6th – 12th. Each month features a different theme.
History and Guided Tour Programs are offered for learners ages 4-Adult. Features on site programs at the Museum of Aviation and Outreach programs at your school site.
Adult Programs & Field Trips
Guided Tours, Adult Team Building
Guided tours feature narrated tours of Museum of Aviation exhibits and aircraft and exhibit teacher guides on our website. Also, a specialized guided tour featuring WWII and the Tuskegee Airmen.
During the Mission Quest Team Building program participants work together in a 6-hour program to plan and fly a mission in the Mission Quest Flight Simulation Center, learning valuable team building resources and leadership skills.
Adults, Educators, & Interns
Georgia NASA Regional Educator Resource Center
K – 12 and University Educators: Programs are offered to educators and future educators. These programs provide free NASA materials, monthly STEM workshops, NASA online training opportunities, STEM conferences and intern opportunities to future educators.
STEM & History Special Events, and more
Workshops and thematic camp programs scheduled throughout the year- Saturdays, student holidays and summer. Features programs such as Young Astronauts’ Day, STEM Labs, and summer camps.
Bi-annual Night at the Museum, Veteran’s Day Outreach, Birthday Parties and more.
Scout Programs & Field Trips
The Museum of Aviation proudly offers Scout Programs for boy and girl scouts.
Museum of Aviation Birthdays
They’re just “plane” fun!!
Perfect venue for a child that loves airplanes!
Birthday Parties for children ages 4 – 10
5th – 8th Grade
Part of the premiere Department of Defense STARBASE STEM Program. The program engages students through its inquiry-based curriculum with its “hands-on, mind-on” experiential activities. During each student’s 25 hours of instruction, they are introduced to many STEM concepts and skills as well as 3D modeling and 3D printing. STARBASE ROBINS programs include its signature fifth grade program as well as its STARBASE 2.0 Afterschool STEM Mentoring Program, summer academies and robotics tournaments.
Gordon and Museum of Aviation Georgia Youth Science and Technology Center
K through 8th Grade Students and Educators
Georgia Youth Science and Technology Center (GYSTC): K – 8th grade students and teachers – Outreach – student outreach programs and teacher professional development at member elementary and middle school sites – Partnership of the Georgia Department of Education, business/industry leaders and local member schools – Features Family Science Nights, STARLAB portable planetarium, teacher training workshops and student workshops.
For more information contact: 478-926-6398
For more information on Field Trips and Group Programs, you may also contact the National STEM Academy Directly:
- General Information/Heritage Programs & Field Trips (Guided Tours, History Programs, Scouts): Candi James | 478-926-5558 | email@example.com
- General Information/Registration/Grants/Special Events: Valerie Myers | 478-926-1985 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Information/STEM Activity Kits: Shannon Walker | 478-222-7580 | email@example.com
- Pre K – 5th Grade Programs & Field Trips (ACE, Wonder Wings): Elizabeth Skinner | 478-222-7575 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4th – 8th Grade Programs & Field Trips (TinkerTech): Ashley Harris | 478-222-2043 | email@example.com
- 6th-12th Grade Programs & Field Trips/Scouts (Mission Quest, Boy Scouts): Ashley Harris | 478-222-2043 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adults/Educators/Interns (NASA RERC): Clare Swinford | 478-222-7547 | email@example.com