Date(s) - 06/06/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
D-Day is the World War II military operation which took place on June 6, 1944. It was code-named Operation Neptune, presumably because it involved a water landing by the Allies on the beaches of Normandy, France. It is the largest military operation by sea in history, and it had great significance to the war. The operation began the liberation of German-occupied France (and later Europe) from Nazi control, and laid the foundations of the Allied victory on the Western Front.
Details of D-Day Activities
- This is a Free Event!
- We will show movies throughout the day in the Scott Theatre: including Papa Said and a D-Day film involving the 507th
- The B-17G Flying Fortress in the Scott Hangar will be open from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- A WWII memorabilia display will be set up in the Scott Hangar next to the B-17
- There will be a Virtual Reality Simulator special for the day- $7 for any ride
- We will Giveaway 35th Anniversary stickers and calendars
- Our Mascot, Barry the B-17, will be available to take pictures with